10 January 2016

101 (Things) in 1001 (Days)


Hello everyone! I am Pragya Shukla and I'm the person behind the words that you are currently reading.

For those of you who know me, I've had this blog for a long while (about 4 years now) and shared quite a strong love-hate relationship with it. A month and a half ago, I decided to pull it down and do something good about it - for real! Well anyway, that rant is for a different day altogether. This post was meant to be for the 101 in 1001 challenge, totally forgot!

For all those who know 101 in 1001, fantastic! For those of you who don't, (I'll cut it short) the 101 in 1001 Challenge or the Day Zero Project inspires you to set (and achieve) 101 short and long term goals in 1001 days. Since my sixth semester starts tomorrow, I'll be starting with my Day Zero Project from tomorrow itself.

Starting Date: January 11th, 2016

Ending Date: October 08th, 2018


As of now, here are the 101 things that are on my list: 


Life Things
1.    Get my ears/nose pierced.
2.    Read The Bhagwad Gita.
3.    Get a new savings bank account.
4.    Unplug all my gadgets for one day.
5.    Do a minimum of 20 out of 100 ideas from Keri Smith's blog.
6.    Meet 5 social media friends.
7.    Grow my hair till my waist. Not happening anytime now. I got a MAJOR hair(chop)cut.
8.    Write an article for a magazine/newspaper.
9.    Attend a Book Launch.
10.  Get a new pair of glasses.
11.  Get a laptop skin for my laptop.
12.  Attend a qawwali night at Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah.

Good Stuff
1.    Sign up for organ donation.
2.    Volunteer somewhere.
3.    Clean my room and keep it clean for at least a month.
4.    Give away stuff that I don't need to charity.
5.    Attend a LGBTQH parade.
6.    Give 5 'just because' presents.
7.    Leave 10 notes of inspiration/compliments in public spaces.
8.    Watch new TED talks and try making graphical notes.

Skills
1.    Learn to properly drive a car.
2.    Learn how to ride a bicycle.
3.    Learn basic German without referring to a guidebook.
4.    Learn how to deep fry things.
5.    Sing a karaoke.
6.    Keep a travel sketchbook/journal.
7.    Order a coffee at Costa Coffee in Indian Sign Language.
8.    Save x amount of money and put it in my savings account.
9.    Develop a budgeting plan that works. (More on this, soon.)
10.  Write a Haiku.

Career
1.    Intern at an Architectural firm.
2.    Intern elsewhere.
3.    Exhibit my work somewhere.
4.    Academic goal #1 (it is a secret)
5.    Academic goal #2 (so is this)
6.    Academic goal #3 (this too!) - It was okaaaay.
7.    Get my first paycheck.
8.    Get a creative project to work on - graphic designing, industrial designing, interior designing, writing, anything!

Health
1.    Improve my posture.
2.    Learn to sleep on my back, for good (30 days straight at least)
3.    Give up fast food for 30 days.
4.    Run for a cause.
5.    Run a 5k.
6.    Get up at 6 am for a month straight.
7.    Go vegan for a week.
8.    Complete a 30 Day Plank challenge.
9.    Get a facial. (Honestly, this has always felt like a nightmare to me)

Food
1.    Try 25 new places to eat. (27/25 LOL - Dolma House, Majnu Ka Tila, Delhi; Pita Pit - Greater Kailash 1, Delhi; Tikka Town, DLF Mall of India, Noida; Woodbox Cafe, Satyaniketan, Delhi; Burger King, The Great India Place, Noida; Shisha Jazz Cafe, Pune; Agent Jack's Bar, Pune; Dorabjee & Sons, Pune; Hoppipiola, Mumbai; Eighty Eight, Hyatt, Pune; German Bakery, Pune; Zodiac, Fortune Hotel, Dasve, Lavasa; HAS Juices & More, Goregaon East, Mumbai; Taco Bell, Goregaon East, Mumbai; The Earth Plate, Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai; Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Select Citywalk Saket; Fat Lulu's, Galleria, Gurgaon; Cones & Curries, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi; Buca, di Beppo, Ward Entertsinment Center, Honolulu; Ryan's Grill, Ward Center, Honolulu; Water Drop Vegetarian House, Honolulu; Hank's Haute Dogs, Kaka'ako, Honolulu; Lanikai Juice, Kailua; The Fat Greek, Ala Moana, Honolulu; Z Pizza, Honolulu; Godiva Chocolatier, Waikele Center, Waipahu; Costco Food Court, Waipio.)
2.    Grow a food bearing plant and harvest it twice. (Thanks for the help mum!)
3.    Try 5 different types of Tea. (5/5 - Grape + Mango Jelly Bubble Tea; Apricot and Peach Tea; Chinese Green Hot Tea; White Tea; Strawberry and Mango Tea)
4.    Make 10 different types of salads.
5.    Have a candlelight dinner.
6.    Try coffee from 20 never tried before places.
7.    Visit 5 art cafes.
8.     Learn how to bake bread.

Travel
1.     Meet Ruskin Bond! - This has by far been the only thing on my bucket list for 5 years now (or probably more, I don't remember)
2.    Travel to Pushkar and Bundi, Rajasthan
3.    Triund Trek.
4.    Couchsurf somewhere.
5.    Sky dive.
6.    Scuba dive.
7.    Go on a trip with my own savings.
8.    Go on a trip with just my mother.
9.    Go on a trip with just my father.
10.  Go on a solo trip.
11.  Watch a sunrise and a sunset the same day at a picturesque place(s).
12.  Go on a spontaneous trip.
13.  Go on a road trip.
14.  Go to a cold place during winters.
15.  Go to a beach. (Juhu Beach)
16.  Go for a hike.

Organisation
1.    Organise my Google Chrome bookmarks.
2.    Get rid of my unnecessary mail, unsubscribe from newsletters and organise my inbox.

Artsy
1.    Take a photo every hour for a day.
2.    Turn my handwriting into a typeface.
3.    Visit one gallery/museum/exhibition/art festival every month for a year.
4.    Finish a Wreck This Journal.
5.    Fill an adult colouring book.
6.    Decorate my pin board. (on it!)
7.    Make a blanket fort and sleep in it.
8.    Find an inspirational quote and work it into a piece of art.
9.    Figure out something for the blank wall in my room.
10.  Do something with those coffee table books lying at home.
11.  Try 5 Pinterest crafts.
12.  Try cutting glass bottles into drinking glasses.

Miscellaneous
1.    Read 50 books.
2.    Complete this list.
3.    Organise this list into sub-categories (this mess is driving me insane!)
4.    Write a guest post on 3 other blogs.
5.    Listen to The Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of all time. (My Progress)
6.    Read a book in a day.
7.    Save Rs. 200 for every goal completed.
8.    Have my blog featured somewhere.
9.    Watch the Academy Award winner of the year I was born in. (Forrest Gump - 1995)
10.  Win something cool from one of those blog/vlog giveaways.
11.  Watch a play/ theatrical performance.
12.  Collect my caution money from school *digs her head deep down in the chair*
13.  Buy a decent pair of sunglasses. (Mine got scratched)
14.  Write a blog post every week for a year.
15.  Attend a concert/live gig somewhere. (Went for the Royal Hawaiian Band Live at Kapiolani Park, Honolulu.) 

Hooray! Hooray! We've reached the end of the list!
Also, I won't remove goals from the list if they're too difficult, I'd rather change them if they're no longer relevant.

Currently Listening:


Did you like the post? Give me a heads up by dropping in a comment and sharing the post on your social media. Don't forget to follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitterSnapchat and Bloglovin', and never miss out on a new post. You can also subscribe to the blog via email, just feed in your email address on the box in the sidebar and you're good to go!

Until next time~