2 August 2016

A Sweet Summer Detox

Part 1
Dippin' toes at Kailua Beach.
"Where the hell are you and why the hell have you not been blogging?"

I've been getting this from a lot of you, recently.
I also know that a lot of you have noticed that I have been fairly active on Snapchat while balancing out on my equation by being MIA here on my blog and on Instagram. Let's take a moment here *sips on some tea*

No this is not a /facepalm. This is that heavy arm thing shark divers used to wear.

Okay, so for all those of you who have asked me about my whereabouts - what on earth am I up to; what have I been doing all this while; why are things like they are, and questions of similar nature - I am Sorry, with a capital S. I really am.

The truth is that I've been enjoying myself lately, and for once in the last 3 years, I feel as if I really am enjoying myself thoroughly. YES. I am occupied almost all the time. No, working all day isn't fun and keeping myself unnecessarily occupied has been a bad habit for me. For some reason I have observed), I get obsessed with work so much so that when I sleep - I get dreams about how my model would turn out like; what if the design was oriented the other way; how I could come up with a different detail for the toilet (oh my so lame important). And to be frank, I got a little traumatized by all of this. Signs of being a focused student soon turned into my worse nightmares and my ability to enjoy anything in life turned into anxiety. I realize that I take things too damn hard on myself and that I would spend more time dealing with this work related stress and anxiety - which goes without saying, lead to my downfall.


I began to wonder what would happen if I take a day off and probably detoxify my mind.. And I did! (Smart move, Pragya *pats on her back*).

End of Rant 1 Part 1. Fin. Not really.

Part 2

Summer breaks call for summer jobs or travelling your way to glory.. And I did BOTH, that too at the same time! Argrgrgrg *like a seal* I was in Hawaii for my summer internship and boy oh boy, it was great!

Playing with shadows at Kapiolani Park post Royal Hawaiian Band performance.
So for the past 2 months, I have either been packing for, or unpacking from, OR enjoying my time without any care in this world. It felt like a breath of fresh air. Wait no, a breath of fresh ocean breeze. It was good, so good that I would keep my phone in my bag, let alone my pocket, hike up a few mountains, and go for a swim in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I learnt that Life really is a beach and rediscovered my love for natural tan. A little tan never hurt nobody, heard that? True true. *nods head*

I don't understand this weird transition that I do from dialogues to monologues. Sigh. Well the real reason why I've been gone is that 1. I had my exams; and 2. I wanted to direct my efforts and energies into my activities (the now) instead of having things all over the place; it's not like I didn't try at all, it's just that some things just aren't meant to be.

This nice map thingy of the Pacific Islands at Bishop Museum, Honolulu.

Part 3 - The Finale

This 2 month long hiatus has taught me a lot of things. I have become more introspective than ever, I stop to smell the roses, I eat shave ice cream to the very last bit even though my teeth are sensitive, I get a migraine and a brain freeze at the same time. Heck, I'm not even a sugar person. I don't fear height as much, I'm not afraid to fall down or try new things. I like people now, I was not a people's person but I am now. I have become a better person, I have evolved. I have learnt to appreciate things more and have learnt to not let some things get the better of me. I am proud of it happening in the best time possible, at least it did. Appreciation post 101.

HUGE San Lorenzo shave ice with ice cream at Haleiwa, North Shore. No migraines at all.
NOW the reason why I've written this blog post (trust me, it can't get any more real than this) is that I wanted to convey this very important message to you all: THIS ISN'T OVER! I have so much planned out for you guys. These babies that I will drop time and again won't let you down, I promise! And lastly, I hope I'll be able to make up to you guys for this latent feeling of abandonment. Pinky promise!

Strong current warning at Bellows Beach, Waipahu.

Also, I was wondering what you guys have been up to all this while, feel free to comment down below or drop me an email (or a cookie)? Follow me on Instagram and on Snapchat for live updates, tons of adventures and pretty pictures of absolute randomness.

Currently Listening:
Very situation appropriate. This is making it to my travel playlist fosho. I'm leaving for a new adventure tomorrow~

Did you like the post? Give me a heads up by dropping in a comment and sharing the post on your social media. Don't forget to follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitterSnapchat and Bloglovin', and never miss out on a new post. You can also subscribe to the blog via email, just feed in your email address on the box in the sidebar and you're good to go!

Byee!
xo